Best Bars and Restaurants in Billings for Delicious Fall Cocktails
As we transition into Fall in Montana (with Old Man Winter right behind) our drinking habits might change a little. Savory, sentimental flavors and warm, comforting dishes are popular choices on restaurant menus this time of year and as the entrees change, so do the cocktails. If you're looking for drink ideas that reflect the changing of the seasons, read on for some of the best places in Billings for unique Fall drinks.
Does it have to be pumpkin spice?
Yes, pumpkin spice-inspired cocktails can certainly be found at your favorite martini bar, but what about a comforting, hot muddled wine or maybe an apple cider hot toddy? A maple Old Fashioned is a great fall-inspired option for bourbon fans, or if vodka is more your style try an Autumn Spiced Tonic, made with apple-pear-cinnamon-infused vodka. Yum.
Best places in Billings for specialty drinks.
Every bar in town can serve you a cold beer or a whiskey ditch, but if you're looking for a creative flair with unique drink options, here are some of the best choices in Billings.
- Commons 1882 & Rims Martini Bar. The establishments are connected to each other with a pass-thru doorway and both offer a fantastic selection of premium specialty cocktails.
- Doc Harpers. One of my personal favorites for unique martinis, the downtown bar should definitely be on your list.
- Last Chance Pub and Cider Mill. Nothing says fall like cider and this locally-owned brewery and restaurant on historic Montana Avenue is a great choice.
- Walkers Grill. I've always loved the extensive cocktail menu at Walkers. Try the Black Dagger or their Maple Bourbon Sour.
- Diamond X. Most of the breweries have rolled out their fall specialty beers and Diamond X on the far West End has a great seasonal beer list.
Of course, you should always drink responsibly. It would be awfully lousy to kick off the holiday season with a DUI or something much worse.