I Got Severely Injured By This Montana Food…
Has food ever injured you?
It happens to me more often than I’d care to admit. Whether it’s choking on a grape, a chicken bone slices my gums (I know gross), or pizza burning my hand- It happens to everyone.
I finally tried a Montana Pastie.
You know, the piping hot dough filled with meat, cheese, some sort of gravy, and vegetables. They’re so yummy, and a perfect treat on a cold day. Montana Pasties are like hand held pot pies, but better. And you know what else they have in common with pot pies??? They’re ridiculously hot on the inside, for a long time.
I usually wait until my food cools down before tossing it down the gullet. But this time, I was impatient.
The pastie smelled so yummy. I was super hungry after doing chores, and I just couldn’t wait to demolish this treat. I took way too big of a bite, and I was at the point of no return. The boiling, hot cheese completely obliterated my tongue and cheeks. I scarfed it down quickly, but then felt immediate regret.
My mouth is burned so bad, that I cannot taste any food.
My taste buds are all gone and my mouth isn’t producing much saliva. My cheeks look like hamburger meat- I know, so hot right?? The only thing that relieves the pain is ice cream, yogurt, or milk. That's it. Doctors recommend ice cubes, and a soft, chewy diet. YAY! It’s been 10 days and counting since this happened and my mouth hasn’t fully healed yet.
Don’t be like me.
Have patience with food. Because if you don’t, you will live in misery after scorching your entire mouth with piping hot food. Especially if you love salty, spicy, hot food.